Monday 10 August 2009

Blue Monday and Smiling Sally


When my friend Sarah began her new blog Hyacinths for the Soul, just last week, I never dreamt about the amount of trouble she would lead me into.

Through reading Sarah's blog I discovered Between Naps on the Porch and Tablescape Thursdays and today I found Smiling Sally and Blue Monday.

The blue hibiscus tree that I inherited when we bought this old house in the mid 1990's is in full bloom this month.




The first piece of Quimper faience I ever bought, I loved it because it was blue & white I had no clue at that point what "Kwimper" was!




A pair of blue and white chinese vases bought at an auction in Hungerford, Berkshire, UK almost 30 years ago flank a blue and white serving platter, circa late 19thc, from an unidentified English manufacturer


These great blogs are just what I needed to jump start my interest in my own blog again which has been waning, probably due to my involvement with the Quimper Club International blog.

A blue and white toile panel in the master bedroom.

So, since blue is one of my very favourite colours and I love to collect blue and white pottery, I decided to join in with the Blue Monday gang over at Smiling Sally's and share a few of the blue things that brighten our Normandy Life.

9 comments:

  1. I love the blue ... and these ceramics are beautiful ... excellent choice for ...
    Sorry for the intrusion here passed son and I stop to look ... I hope you do not regret ...
    Good day and if you like, visit me are the welcome ... hello hello

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty ceramics. I haven't heard of Kwimper before. Now I will look into it. Nice blog.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, love the post. I've never seen or even heard of a blue hibiscus. The hibiscus is lovely, as are all the other blue treasures around the Presbytére. Happy Blue Monday, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Blue Monday, Maggie! I love all of your blue, but particuarly your Quimper plate! Although, I must say, those vases are very tempting to a magpie. And I have never before seen a blue hibiscus. WOW! I've seen reddish orange and pink, but never blue. That's a first for me. :-)

    So glad you joined us for Blue Monday. This is a fun, relaxed group.

    Here's wishing you a Happy First Blue Monday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty ceramics, love colors. Love your blog, and am going to check your friends new one as well.

    If you have Thursday open, I host Vintage Thingies Thursday...if you love vintage, and have a few things to share...stop by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful to Sarah too for showing you the way to my blog! I love your blues and already look forward to next week. Thanks for sharing. Happy 1st Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Howdy
    Happy Blue Monday to you .
    What a great post.
    Thank you for sharing .
    Your hisbiscus is gorgeous.
    I have never seen a blue one before.
    Thank you for the photo.
    Have a great rest of the week.
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen white, red, pink hibiscus. I have yet to see a blue one! :-) The blue china and vases are beautiful.

    Li

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a glorius shade of blue. . . never have I seen a hibiscus bloom that color. Everything is really interesting. So glad I found your site.
    Happy Twirls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!