Sunday 3 October 2010

Fall Reading Challenge 2010 with a Southern Daydreamer.


My selection for the Fall Reading Challenge 2010 and the couch where I shall sit whilst reading them.
 You all know Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer gracious hostess of Outdoor Wednesday, right?
Well, did you also know that she has another great blog A Southern Daydreamer Reads, which she describes thus:
"my reading-friendly environment hoping to encourage and motivate people to read more".
On the 22nd September Susan launched the Fall Reading Challenge 2010 and it will run until 20th December.
Here are the rules:
1.Make a list of books you want to read this Fall.
2.Write a post with your list on your blog. (You can add to or change this list at any time during the challenge)
3.Please post the direct link to your Fall Reading Challenge 2010 post. (so that other participants can visit and see what you are reading)
4.You can write another post in December to let everyone know how you did.

Here's my list:

Historical Fiction
Tales Of Passion, Tales Of Woe - Sandra Gulland. (Book 2 in the Josephine Trilogy).
The White Queen - Phillipa Gregory. (Elizabeth Woodville -17th century Queen of England).

Holiday Reading
Some of these will be coming with me when we head to Hilton Head Island soon, for our annual two weeks of R&R.
Perfect holiday reads.
Getting Out of The House - Isla Dewar.
breaking her fall - Stephen Goodwin.
Mercy - Jodi Picoult.
Just Between Us - Cathy Kelly.
the Return - Victoria Hislop.
There's a copy of The Help - Katheryn Stockett waiting in HH for me. After hearing such good reviews it's a book I've been wanting to read for a long time.
also coming along..........Mr Jack Reacher of course!

Mr B will enjoy reading these too.
Reading either of these two books will be a pleasant way to spend an afternoon -sitting before a log fire with a hot cup of Yorkshire Tea and a scone.
Wild Comfort - Kathleen Dean Moore.
A Taste of My Life - Raymond Blanc.
These two come highly recommended by friends.
I can hardly wait to get started, how about you, are you going to sign up for the challenge?
Click here to take part.

13 comments:

  1. Maggie,

    Great post. You are going to be a busy lady. I wish Hilton Head were closer so we could meet!

    Great pictures of the books. I would just have to show my Kindle and make a list.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an avid reader. Always have been. Most of my luggage is weighed down with books when I travel....Kindle has been a Godsend.
    You're going to Savannah and Hilton Head? LOVE Savannah...so eclectic and fun. Great low country food too.
    Can't wait to read about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, looks like your set. I haven't been reading lately. Too much to do during the day and if I pick up a book at night I seem to immediately fall asleep. I really need to alter this scene. I love to read. I think it's time to slow down and sit on the porch reading. ;-)
    Your list of books looks interesting. I know first hand you'll enjoy the first two. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great list of books Maggie. I also have a Kindle but I love going to book stores (I can't resist books)so I read from both. I hope you have a safe trip..and get some reading done while on your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love seeing what others are reading, i am still hoping you will come share some at food for thought too! enjoy your holiday, nothing better then relaxing away with a good book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun you will have reading. I would join in, but my reading is of necessity rather boring and uninspiring - studies. Some Canadian novels, some French literature, and some textbooks. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the idea is interesting and I always have a book on the go. In my province we have a wonderful inter library loan system. I can order the books on line and they will be shipped here and "mine" for 3 weeks. I'll be informed by email that my books have arrived. I love bookstores as well but have to drive for an hour and a half to get to the closest. Thanks for the list of suggestions. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you're set for sitting by the fire and reading. I'm in Texas and hope to bring home to Holland some good books from Barnes and Noble. The weather was getting cold when I left home 10 days ago. I have also started knitting and will do that when the cold wind blows me back to Oostkapelle on Oct. 31st. I am enjoying warm weather in Texas now.
    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought it must be about that time.......the south is calling and I just know you will enjoy your annual HH vacation. Wish we had time to get down that way but we're off to both the mountains and NC coast this month.

    Happy reading - I'm off to my bed now with my book!
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been too busy to read unless it's an instruction manual. lol. Sounds like great reads!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had time to join in but these days my reading consists of magazines, the newspaper and the kid's homework! I would love to hear about how you go with the challenge so I will keep checking in!

    Take care, happy reading and best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see you have a Philipp a Gregory book on your list...one of my favorite HF authors. Have you read anything from her before? Do you like Historical Fiction typically. It's my favorite genre. I never would have thought I would enjoy it, but now I have a hard time putting them down.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!