Monday 28 November 2011

Poor Old Mr Ben!

My little dog - a hearbeat at my feet.
Edith Wharton.


Our sweet little cocker spaniel Ben has been under the weather recently.
A quick trip to the vet's last week resulted in
a 15 day course of antibiotics, for a undiagnosed infection of all four paws,
and a disinfectant foot wash for every other day;
 a five day course of medicine for an ear infection
(which made him ill between 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock every night for 5 nights!),
 sterilizing ear wash and ear drops;
plus his annual vaccination against rabies.
We also had his eyes tested and picked up another bottle of eye drops
to replace the tears his poor old eyes have ceased to produce.
Quite an expensive visit but he's so worth it!

As you can imagine with all of the above to deal with
 plus those 5 nights without much sleep
there hasn't been too much time left over for blogging.
So, I thought I'd let you know
 that my very good friend Sarah @ Hyacinths For The Soul
has written, today, about her visit to us here in Normandy.
Maybe you'd like to pop in and see us all there?
And
My November Book Reviews are on my other blog
just books
if you're looking for something to read during the holiday season.

15 comments:

  1. Maggie -- they are special aren't they? We'd do the same for Ollie. I'll have to visit Sarah and see her post -- how I wish I had a chance to visit you in NORMANDY instead of England!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor, wee Ben. I'm so sorry to hear that he's been ill - we feel so powerless when the little 'heartbeats at [our]feet' are ill. I hope that the sleepless nights (you) and the nausea (Ben) passes soon so that you can both get back to normal! Rory sends an encouraging tail wag to Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the 2-fer blog today! I need to read both blogs more often. They are interesting and beautiful!
    Sorry to hear Ben is ailing. Hope he improves very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohje, I hope, he'll get fine soon. I'm like a chicken without head (that's a German word, I don't know, if it's an English too) if somethings wrong with Sam...
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maggie. So sorry to hear that poor little ben is ill and poor you who has to go out of bed at night and help the dog. But of course you do it with love because he is your friend. We feel indeed so helpless when they are ill and can't tell you what is wrong. Hope he is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Maggie, you know I'm sad to hear that sweet Mr. Ben is not feeling well. Breaks my heart. I wish him a speedy recovery. Give him a special hug from his Aunt Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hopped over here from Jane's blog.....I so delighted to have found you. Traveled through Normandy years ago....I so loved it....I hope to go again someday.

    Your little pup is adorable....and when they are ill...I don't know know who suffers the most us or them! (O:

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maggie, I just saw your blog and I'm so sorry about Mr. Ben. I hope he is feeling better after all that treatment. Poor little paws!
    Your header is beautiful! Get some rest! xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maggie, So sorry to hear your little Ben is under the weather. He is such a cutie and I hope he is feeling better after all the meds. I so much enjoyed Sarah's post of her visit with you. It must have been a special time for you both.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maggie, Sarah just gave a beautiful write up about your blog.

    Great friendship you two have bonded.

    Hope to be able to visit Normandy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Ben is recovering and you are catching up on your lack of sleep. I thought you might be interested that I am posting my review on Passeggiata today. First I will read your friends post and your November reading recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did read Sarah's post of their visit to Normandy. What a wonderful way to honor good friends by posting about their gracious hospitality. She described your life as idyllic, and indeed it must be: beautiful countryside, good food, and a gracious spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do hope that your dear Ben is on the mend now. The only dog we ever had as a child was a Cocker Spaniel named Lucky....so many years ago but never forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor little guy! I hope he is better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!