Thursday 19 March 2015

latest from the lowcountry

 

After the rain came blue skies and sunshine, perfect weather for the St Patrick's Day parade last Sunday.


We enjoyed seeing all the participants, especially the Budweiser Clydesdales.
Wildlife sightings continue.
In the early mornings wild deer make their way along the shore line, crossing through the sand dunes beneath our balcony into the sea pines forest behind.

I even spotted an alligator sunning itself next to a creek close to the golf course yesterday afternoon, no time to take a photograph I'm afraid though.


Today the rain has returned with a vengeance but thanks to my very kind and generous friend, Mary who was my partner during Lorrie's recent Spring edition magazine swap I have the perfect way to spend  the day.


Mary sent me three wonderful magazines, House Beautiful; Country Living and Traditional Home each brimming over with ideas and inspiration to revamp, refresh and makeover a home.

The pretty note card with its shell design inspired me to look around our condo for props to complete my magazine photo shoot, I have the homeowner to thank for the pretty starfish and seashells. Mary also included a lovely tag with a bird motif which I'm sure will appear in one of my scrapbook layouts in the very near future.
Enjoy your day, everyone, wherever you are.
Me? I'll be here on the squishy couch sipping a mug of my latest coffee crush - Charleston Coffee Roasters "Organic Sumatra" bold roast watching the rain pour down and planning a room makeover.

Sunset over Calibogue Sound, St. Patrick's Day 2015
P.S. I can't seem to figure out how to include links to Mary and Lorrie's blogs in this post from my Kindle but there are links on my sidebar that will take you straight to Lorrie's Fabric Paper Thread blog and  A Breath of Fresh Air where Mary has already blogged about the magazine's which she received from me.

10 comments:

  1. Maggie, I loved the picture of the Clydesdales, one of my favorite animals to see. Hope you are enjoying your day inside from the rain...we are supposed to get a downpour in Texas tomorrow and Saturday, so we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie, I enjoyed seeing your pictures today. We are having rain and finally warmed up to 38 degrees. The weather temperature wise has been a roller coaster. It is just getting closer to Spring. You have a beautiful view out your windows. Enjoy your stay. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley@shirleystitches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie, I loved the photo of the horses and that sunset is so pretty. Wishing you a nice end of the week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie...I just got all caught up with you in your last three posts. And you are in the US!! No oceans dividing us! I've never been to Hilton Head, it was on our itinerary one year when we traveled up from Florida to Savannah and Charleston, but we ran out of time. Your place on the beach is amazing...heavenly! Even if the weather is a little dreary, you have that view and the playful dolphin friend. Love your reading material from Mary...you really set up a relaxing mood with your vignette. Mary is a doll, isn't she? We've met you know. I love to brag about that because I feel so lucky!

    I loved reading about your packing adventures! I'm looking for a new bag that can hold a lot but not be so cumbersome. I think I'm getting the hang of layering and mixing and matching pieces to wear more than once. I squealed when I saw the All Star zebra stripes! You are a Wild Lady! My daughters introduced me to Tom's a few years ago...I love that they are such a charitable company. I have a few pair of comfy fabric flats, and I get the girls a pair at a shoe store in Asheville every time we visit. Sort of a fun tradition! :)

    Enjoy your trip! How I wish we could meet up. You are SO close!!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are having a wonderful relaxing time by the sea. Relaxation, a parade and new magazines to read...all enjoyable things to do ...lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to read that you are enjoying your time in the US. It's great that you and Mary have exchanged magazines and the parcels have arrived. I'm happy to see there will be no overlap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maggie, I had lunch with Nina yesterday and we spoke fondly of you and Roger. Hope you are coming to our Seattle meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun times! Glad the HH vacation is stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maggie! Oh, the photo of the water - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cosy holiday you must be having! I love the thought of snuggling into a squishy couch with a stack of magazines and cup of delicious coffee. I have brought my magazines with me to Edmonton - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your visit just made my day!